Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesdays are for Inspiration

Where have I been the past few weeks?
I've been at two weddings (Nashville and Pensacola),
performing stand up every week,
memorizing lines for one show,
writing lines for another show,
sometimes I have to sleep, too.

Moral of the story, I need to do a better job of sharing inspiration.
So thanks to a friendly reminder from the Philippines, here I am with inspiration for you.

Let's rewind to the part about two weddings in three weeks.
It's important for you to know that I've been to maybe 6 weddings in my entire life.
That is a little underwhelming. Embarrassing odds for a girl.
Weddings give me anxiety.
Most days I'm unsure if I ever want one.
So many people I don't know.
So many things that have to happen at a specific time.
But these weddings- they reminded me that amidst all the things that get reported on the news, all the countless ways our days can suck, all the things that are ticking time bombs that need answers right now-
people still make time for love. And that it can still happen well.

So your inspiration today is honor or two wonderful brides, Lydia McMillan and Leslie Espy, who remind me that there are few things better than taking a walk in a nice dress with your best friend.

Home is wherever I'm with you

When you realize that you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. 
-Billy Crystal, "When Harry Met Sally"


Unless you love someone, 
nothing else makes any sense.
-EE Cummings


Love not as an excuse for the mushy and innocuous,
but love as a summons to battle against
all that is unlovely and unloving in this world.
-Frederick Buechner

to the moon and back

If it doesn't break your heart, 
it isn't love.
-Jonathan Foreman, Switchfoot


I could start fires with what I feel for you.
-David Ramirez, "Fires"


To live is like to love--
all reason is against it,
and all healthy instinct for it.
-Samuel Butler


Love may be the last sanctuary for the idea that struggle can be rewarding.
-Jamie Tworkowski, TWLOHA

grow old along with me.

I will have poetry in my life, and adventure, and love. Love above all.
No, not the artful postures of love, 
not playful and poetical games of love for the amusement of an evening.
But love that overthrows life.
Unbiddable, ungovernable, like a riot in the hearts and nothing to be done,
come ruin or rapture.
-"Shakespeare In Love"


In love, there is no room for fear.
1 John 4:18

No comments: