Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesdays Are For Inspiration

fears erased daily

I write to give myself strength.
I write to be the characters that I am not.
I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of.
-Joss Whedon


I sought the Lord and he answered me,
He delivered me from all my fears.
-Psalm 34:4


The fear of death follows from the fear of life.
A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
-Mark Twain


I am convinced that fear is the root
of most bad writing.
Stephen King, "On Writing"


To live a creative life,
we must lose our fear of being wrong.
-Joseph Chilton Pearce


leave your fears behind

I was reading through my moleskins and realized how many of my quotes have some sort of relation to fear. It's clearly because I need all the good words I can get on being brave. It's definitely not something that comes easily to me. Here is a non-exhaustive list of things I'm afraid of:

-The Mothman
-Drowning
-Meteors hitting the Earth
-Rumplestiltskin
-Getting arrested for something I've said
-Being so ambitious, that I get to where I'm going and I'm all by myself
-Never getting to be a mom
-When I was kid, I was afraid I was going to have to marry a taxi cab driver named Frank. I can't even begin to know why.
-Being abducted by aliens

What are you afraid of?

2 comments:

Mikeel said...

funny, a taxi cab driver named Frank was the first ruler of Narnia :)

Kyle said...

Meteors hitting the earth? That'd be the best way to destroy the planet, IMO. I do not fear it.

I am, however, afraid of wolves. And mothman. He's terrifying.