Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Tuesdays Are For Inspiration

...even if it's Friday.


Okay, I am SO sorry that I didn't post on Tuesday. But I'm excited to share some really good inspiration that's kept me going all week. Last week, Erin and I were in Los Angeles (it was my first visit!) enjoying the sun and doing lots of hanging out. The trip was filled with the sharing of lots of good words. And while you may hear more about LA's traffic and smog clouds, they also have sun and beaches and a Chinese theater where I can high five a cement version of Adam Sandler's hand.


Hooray for Hollywood

Here is some inspiration from some of my favorite people in Hollywood:


Most of the stuff I do on the show comes out of
me just trying to make my friends laugh.
-Adam Sandler

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles.
-Audrey Hepburn

What I observed about my fellow actors was that most gave up very easily.
-Harrison Ford

There's a drive in me that won't allow
me to do certain things that are easy.
-Johnny Depp

There's something liberating about not pretending.
Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.
-Drew Barrymore

Now more than ever we need to talk to each other,
to listen to each other and understand how we see the world,
and cinema is the best medium for doing this.
-Martin Scorsese

I'm not funny. What I am is brave.
-Lucille Ball

1 comment:

Jeff said...

2 things:
1. this is great
2. I can't believed you gave the adam sandler block a high-five....