Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesdays Are For Inspiration

borrowed from Tracie Reisgo's Pinterest pin board

Come on, jump out the door
You can't hold it down no more
I'll show you how the birds learned how to fly.
Don't mind leaving your nest
Don't mind making a mess
This might be the best day of your life. 
-Katie Herzig, "Best Day Of Your Life"

The past week or two has been a battle for me.
I'll explain in an upcoming blog (I promise), but today my inspiration for you is just as much for me.
First of all, if you've never listened to Katie Herzig, sorry.
You should immediately go to iTunes and buy her album "The Waking Sleep".
If you can't, then listen to "Best Day of Your Life" here on Youtube.

Next, if you're sitting in your office moping,
if you've forgotten how to laugh,
if you've been walking around with a gray cloud over your head,
if life hasn't been as fair as you think it should be,
STOP IT.
Because this might be the best day of your life. 

I once told my friend Emory, "Today is Tuesday. Anything can happen on a Tuesday."
I still mean that. 
And who says you have to wait for it to happen to you?
Don't mind leaving your nest.
Don't mind making a mess.
So stop. The best day of your life is waiting on you.

1 comment:

Emory Colvin said...

I needed to be reminded of this today. Thank you sweet friend. Here's to Tuesday!