Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesdays Are For Inspiration


Do not regret growing older.
It is a privilege denied to many.
-unknown


The process of growing up is to be valued for what we gain, not for what we lose.
-CS Lewis



Don't speed through life like it's an emergency.
Life isn't an emergency.
It's a gift.
-Ann Voskamp, Story Conference 2011


When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy".
They told me I didn't understand the assignment.
I told them they didn't understand life.
-via Le Love Blog



Do not go gentle.
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
-Dylan Thomas


Keep a clear eye on life's end. Do not forget your purpose and destiny as God's creature. Remember when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing you have received... but only what you have given- a full heart, enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage.
-St. Francis of Assisi


Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.
-Steve Jobs


Maybe a little morbid for a birthday blog?
But you can't talk about life and birth without the distant thought that death is somewhere down the road. And the awareness of both are vital to making sure the time you get on this earth is lived as well as possible. You can't stop the clock.

This year I learned a lot about
-the book of Acts
-being beautiful
-curling my own hair
-Brentwood, Tennessee
-Apple products
-love
-the Jersey Shore
-the Bielski Otriad
-Queen Victoria
-gentleness
-waiting for the right time
-finding my joy in the Lord
-being alive

And you? For my birthday, if you wouldn't mind calling your parents, eating something that just makes you so glad, listening to a song on repeat a couple dozen times and hugging someone until it almost gets weird, that would be great.
Honestly, I love you guys.

25- you were great.
26- you're up.

No comments: