Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tuesdays Are For Inspiration

Crazy is what love does.
-Jay Strother

Can love really travel back in time and heal a broken heart? Was it our joined hands that finally lifted Maria's curse? I'd like to think so. But there are some things I know for certain: always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can. 
-Sally Owens (Sandra Bullock), "Practical Magic"

source

You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.
-Mr. Darcy, "Pride and Prejudice"

We are made of love and all the beauty stemming from it. We are made of love and every fracture caused by the lack of it.
-Sleeping At Last, "Needle and Thread"

I don't know if life is greater than death, but 
love is greater than both.
-Isolde, "Tristan and Isolde"

source

In order to create, there must be a dynamic force and what force is greater than love?
-Igor Stravinsky

Love may be the last sanctuary for the idea that struggle can be rewarding.
-Jamie Tworkowski, To Write Love On Her Arms

source

It's obvious they have to fight within themselves to be more and more human and less and less animal like, but I think it's a worthy fight. It hurts to love but it's worth it. It wouldn't be so beautiful if you didn't have to die a little bit to create it.
Love has always cost pain. 
-Lucy the dog (Donald Miller)

To live is like to love -- all reason is against it, and all healthy instinct for it.
-Samuel Butler

source

What a grand thing, to be loved!
What a grander thing still, to love!
-Victor Hugo


Every day I put love on the line. There is nothing I am less good at than love. I am far better in competition than in love. I am far better at responding to my instincts and ambitions to get ahead and make my mark than I am at figuring out how to love another. I am schooled and trained in acquisitive skills, in getting my own way. And yet I decide, every day, to set aside what I can do best and attempt what I do very clumsily -- open myself to the frustrations and failures of loving, daring to believe that failing in love is better than succeeding in pride.
-Eugene Peterson, "A Long Obedience in the Same Direction"



This is the thing I am the least good at (besides Calculus).
Maybe if you, reader, will be a little less afraid, I will be too.