Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Emphasis

But the sweetest thing I've ever heard is
that I don't have to have the answers,
Just a little light to call my own.
Though it pales in comparison to the overarching shadows,
A speck of light can reignite the sun and swallow darkness whole.
-"Emphasis", Sleeping At Last

This week, I feel like I've gotten my groove back.
My creativity, the prodigal son, has returned at last and we're having a barbecue.
I have tons of books to read through, I have a solid playlist of music that keeps me company and everything I look at looks like a blank canvas ready for the painting.

And there are surely unanswered questions, projects that are unfinished.
It's not that I've forgotten about them.
It's not that those things aren't important to me.
There's just only so much you can do.
And I'll take the opportunities as they come.

The sweetest thing I've ever heard is that I don't have to have all the answers.
A speck of light can reignite the sun and swallow darkness whole.

a bright light
Is it Christmas time yet?
I have an unnatural love of glitter.
sparklers = yeah
a little light
Reignite the sun.

No comments: