Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesdays Are For Inspiration

The lucky finder

This is a story of an ordinary little boy named Charlie Bucket. He was not faster, or stronger, or more clever than other children. His family was not rich or powerful or well-connected; in fact, they barely had enough to eat. Charlie Bucket was the luckiest boy in the entire world. He just didn't know it yet.

-Charlie and the Chocolate Factory


From the whiniest girl on the face of this earth to the reader of this blog:
This week I have been angry/sad/annoyed about all sort of things.
What I don't have.
Who I haven't heard from.
How unproductive I've been.


Then I had a word vomit of all the things I'd been thinking and being upset over with Erin.
She said, "if we can't take it now, things aren't going to get any easier."
If I'm crying and complaining about the state of things as they are in Nashville, Tennessee, how can I expect to be trusted with anything bigger?
And maybe I'm the luckiest girl in the entire world. 
I just don't know it yet.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

From one whiny girl to another, thank you. I needed to hear/read this.

gschof said...

oh my maria. you are one blessed lady. because you are wise even in your distress. you have very wise people who don't mind speaking truth to you. you are meant for amazing things. and you're going to have these weeks of non-productivity and sadness. and i do think you're the luckiest girl in the whole world. and i think you know it's coming. and i also think you only get one breath to beat yourself up over this. because it's ok to be melancholy for a minute. but you've got stuff to do. you've got big things to do.

and i know they are going to be amazing. not only because sleeping at last says it, but because Jesus says it, and so do i.

Mikeel said...

sometimes it feels like we're moving forward walking backwards. we can't see everything ahead, and just see them once we passed them 'cause we have our backs against them.

you are blessed even if you don't see it yet. you are lucky even if you don't know it yet. and I'm blessed and lucky to have come across your blog and this post :)

MeLissa said...

Love. Love. Love. All of you.