Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesdays Are For Inspiration

Recently, it's comes to my attention that growing and moving means a certain amount of dying has to happen. There is a measure of giving up that has to happen. And so here we go.
This Tuesday, may you be ready to let go and may you be pleasantly surprised by the possibilities that arise when you do.

sinking in.


To live, 
it means in seasons
I must die.
-SBG

We must be willing to get rid of the life we planned, so we can have the life that's waiting for us.
-unknown


We can exhaust ourselves by seeking significance in what we do and how we are known, hoping that we will be remembered after we are gone. Or, we can lay our lives on God's altar; squandering them in the world's eyes, but entrusting our legacy to our Maker.
-John Piper


"I replied, 'But my work seems so useless! I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose. 
Yet I leave it all in the Lord's hand; 
I will trust God for my reward.'"
-Isaiah 49:4


All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
-Gandalf the Gray


I feel only gratitude for my life, for every moment I have lived. I am ready to go. I have seen so many miracles during my lifetime. Never once did I ask God for success or wisdom or power or fame. I asked for wonder, and He gave it to me.
-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

3 comments:

Erin said...

I needed this.

Karla said...

Me too. It helps to know Isaiah felt this way!

NiTasha said...

me three.