Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesdays Are For Inspiration

You shall not pass.

I am not afraid of anything in this world.
There's nothing you can throw at me that I haven't already heard.
-"Stuck In A Moment" - U2

Today's inspiration - maybe it's because U2 was in town? It's more likely because I've been reading "The Last Apprentice" and watching Harry Potter over and over again.

I've said these lyrics to myself more times than I can count.
It's interesting how fear works.
It can make you stop moving.
It can blind you.
It can render you useless.
And not that there aren't scary things. If you don't think that everyday is a fight, you're wrong.
But if you don't keep going, even when you are terribly and entirely afraid, you'll stay exactly where you are.

And as a Christian, I know that at the end of the day, the hope I have allows me to say I am not afraid of anything in this world.