Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tis A Gift To Be Simple.

Folks. I've just survived literally the worst time of my life.
Brothers being put in the hospital.
Dogs disappearing in the middle of the afternoon.
It was craziness.
But, despite it all, everything is okay.
Everything has been restored.
And if I know nothing else, I know the Lord gives and takes away.
But I do know one more thing.

Bed hog.

This, right now, is all I need.
I now understand the simple joy of waking up with two dogs and going to work at a job I don't hate and hanging out with people I really like. If I never fall in love, if I never tell another joke on another stage, if this is all there is in the cards for me, I will be more than okay.

Don't forget to appreciate the simple act of sleeping soundly through the night and waking up to your life being exactly how you'd expect it to be, because you don't always get that.

No comments: