Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Nothing Funny.

"Nothing funny comes out of comfort."
-Zach Galifianakis 

Rude. Zach Galifianakis is right.
Well, it's not that NOTHING funny comes out of comfort, it's just really tough to get.
For a lot of people, funny comes from being mad or discomfort in weird situations.

I've said before that it's hard for me to write when I'm happy.
But I know that I need to use my power of humor for good instead of evil.
And I'd rather not be miserable the entire time.
I want to show people that funny doesn't have to equal angry.

How ridiculous.
I have to learn how to work while I'm happy, while things are good.
How to write when I'd rather be taking a nap in the sun.
How to think of jokes when I'd rather be watching the 13th Warrior for the 900th time.
How to carve out time for creativity when I have a million other projects to be working on.
Why? One day, hopefully, I'll have a husband and babies who will need my time, and I'll have to find a way to experience new levels of complete happiness and complete exhaustion, while still producing good material.

This is the biggest challenge I'm facing to my productivity right now.
What are you working on and what are the hurdles?


3 comments:

Mikeel Ara├▒a said...

I'm working on a wedding video and I am so distracted. :| hope I can stay focused and finish this soon. very soon. thanks for this post :)

Mike

Arls said...

gimme that bunny.

MeLissa said...

Today's distraction: JLo's "On the floor". Gee whiz. I need to be glued to my desk chair.