Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

What Happened

This is how my weekend went:

Thursday: I went to a ladies Bible Study. We looked at the Bible as a big picture instead of on the "me" level. Karla Worley asked, "Who is the protagonist in this story?" Obvious answer: God. She asked, "Who is the antagonist in this story?" There was a little more of a pause. Me? Am I the antagonist?

When I'm bad, God is against me?
When I'm good, God is with me?
Right?

"The devil." He is the antagonist. God makes a plan, the Devil plans to thwart it.
We are not the enemy and while I feel like I knew that, I'd never thought through it.
What does that mean?

We are the agonists. The ones in the middle of the fight.
God is not fighting man. The fight is not even ours.
And I've chosen my side. The winning side.
It doesn't even constitute as a fight anymore.
We cannot lose because the fights already been won.
Think about that.

source

Friday: I've driven to Chattanooga the night before. That morning I'm listening to a CD from a local band on my drive to Atlanta. One of the songs was John Mark McMillan's "How He Loves". The singer sang:

He is jealous for me.
Loves like a hurricane
I am the tree bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.

I've started using my time in the car as prayer time. It's the only time I'm forced to be still. Rather than spend all my time singing "Baby You're A Firework" (which I would DEFINITELY do), I've been using it to pray. I started praying about some stuff I'd talked about with friends.

"Be with so-and-so. She needs your comfort. She needs rest."
Cue: the good kind of heart break. Listening to that song, I realized God wants that for so-and-so too. He loves her like crazy. This wasn't the first time he'd gotten the idea of comfort and rest for her. Because he knows her and he loves her and he'd give her anything. He's already given her everything.
Boom.

source

Saturday: Still listening to the CD and now I have a 4 hour drive from Atlanta to Nashville.
The last song has a bridge. It goes like this:

If our God is for us, who could ever stop us?
And if our God is with us then what could stand against?

I thought about how we're the agonists.
I thought about where I fit into the story.
I thought about how God loves us.
I thought about all the prayers I've thrown His way recently.
I thought about my life and the direction it's going...
and it finally clicked that if our God is for us, who could EVER stop us?

Unfortunately God has not been preparing me to be in the WNBA.
Or even just the regular NBA.
He hasn't been preparing me to be a teacher or an accountant.
And while I can still become all those things, by His choosing or my own,
I realized that these dreams, this direction I've been following Him in,
they won't fail. He asks me to be faithful and to trust and that He won't change or let me down.
I don't need to worry about money or love or life.
He's the protagonist, the hero, and I'm on his team.
Who could ever stop us?

source
Sunday: We sang a lot of songs.

"Great is they faithfulness. Morning by morning, new mercies I see.
All I have needed, they hand hath provided.
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me."

"He has made me glad, I'll say of the Lord"

"Who am I that You are mindful of me, that You hear me when I call?"

After a weekend like this, sometimes you just have to say thanks and be glad.

source

Remember my affliction and my wanderings, the wormwood and the gall!
My soul continually remembers it and is bowed down within me.
But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning
great is your faithfulness
"The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him."
The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.
Lamentations 3:19-26

5 comments:

leslie said...

love. love. love.

You have such an amazing heart in you and I'm glad you're using it for His glory. Thank you for continuing to speak ridiculous amounts of truth, encouragement and love into my life.

Remember that the Lord is with you. Waiting is freeing. And no plan of His will be stopped. Now, that is legit.

Mikeel AraƱa said...

<3

amen!

Seth said...

And...... Amen.

gschof said...

i second leslie. with my whole heart.

'what then shall we say to these things? if God is for us, who can be against us?'(romans8:31)

i love the heck outta you.

Christine said...

loved this.