Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesdays Are For Inspiration

source

Once a little boy sent me a charming card
with a little drawing on it. I loved it.
I answer all my children's letters - sometimes very hastily - but this one I lingered over.
I sent him a card and I drew a picture
of a Wild Thing on it.
I wrote, "Dear Jim: I loved your card."

Then I got a letter back from his mother and she said,
"Jim loved your card so much he ate it."
That to me was one of the highest compliments I've ever received. He didn't care that it was an original Maurice Sendak drawing or anything.
He saw it, he loved it, he ate it.

-Maurice Sendak, author of Where the Wild Things Are

source


I'd like to think that inside of all of us is a Wild Thing.
Some of us figuratively. Some of us, like Jim, literally.
Just don't forget it's there.

2 comments:

gschof said...

you know that i love everything about this. that photo is too cute for words. and i also love that there's a wild thing inside us.

love, love you.

lydia. said...

THIS QUOTE IS THE MOST MAGICAL IN THE WORLD!

THANK YOU FOR TUESDAY.