Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tuesdays Are For Inspiration

Last week I was done, folks.
I told anyone who would listen that working hard didn't matter.
I was screaming from the mountain tops that all this talk of "big things" was crap. No one was doing anything big.

And then- bam!

I met one of my heroes on Saturday- Jack White.
And tonight? I stood five feet away as Mumford and me and all his sons danced our hearts out while singing "Roll Away the Stone" with Old Crow Medicine Show as the finale to an already epic night.
They reminded me that the things I want to do don't exist yet. I can't expect the way to be easy.

But people can feel when all your passion is invested and they know when something special is happening. They can feel the significance of a packed house singing "Awake My Soul" at the top of their lungs, loving every second of it. That's what makes it all worth it. I choose that life. So I'm back and I'm all in.

This TAFI is brought to you by Mumford and Sons.




In these bodies we will live.
In these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love,
you invest your life.
-"Awake My Soul"


Awake My Soul.


Was it love or fear of the cold that led us through the night
For every kiss, your beauty trumped my doubt.
-"Winter Winds"


And my head told my heart "let love grow"
But my heart told my head "this time, no."
-"Winter Winds"


Oh tell me now where was my fault
in loving you with my whole heart?
-"White Blank Page"


Death is at your doorstep.
And It will steal your innocence,
But it will not steal your substance.
But you are not alone in this.
As brothers we will stand and will hold your hand.
-"Timshel"

Stars hide your fires
For these here are my desires
And I won't give them up to you this time around.
And so I will be found
With my stake stuck in the ground
Marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul.
-"Roll Away Your Stone"



Love, it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you,
It will set you free.
Be more like the man you were made to be.
There is a design, an alignment to cry
Of my heart to see

The beauty of love as it was made to be.
-"Sigh No More"



1 comment:

Molly said...

Oh man, I'm so glad you're back. I've been praying for you, everyday, my friend. Love you, and I'm so proud of you and who you are.