Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Gingers

One time this Ginger told me that redheads were on the decline.

Then I met this one:

And this one:

Since she said that, I've started seeing Gingers everywhere.
It made me think back... I've always had Ginger best friends.
One of my aunts is a Ginger.
And then I realized what they were up to.
They're not on the decline. They're on the rise.
They're taking over, y'all.
Here are some of my favorite famous Gingers.


Glen Hansard of The Swell Season. 100% Irish love.


Rupert Grint. Love of my life, without a doubt.


Ginger Spice. She was my most favorite Spice Girl. Maybe it was the blonde bangs? Maybe it was the Union Jack clothing? You can't change my mind. She was the best.


James (and his giant peach). I still know the majority of this soundtrack by heart. And my preferred method of transportation is peach.


Erik the Red. Anyone who knows me well, knows I have an unusual affinity for Vikings. I just love them. They're big and red and kill things. I've watched The 13th Warrior more times than I'm proud of. That qualifies my Viking love, right?


Julia Roberts. I love Love LOVE Pretty Woman (who knew prostitutes could be so endearing, right?) and who, other than Carrot Top, could possibly serve as an iconic Ginger ambassador? It'd have to be Julia.


I promise you. Start paying attention. Gingers are everywhere.
In the grocery store.
In the airport.
Outside your house.

2 comments:

lydia. said...

i love love love this post. and gingers. :) and you! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

elisabeth said...

well done, well done.