Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Alive & Well

I'd been listening to Mumford & Sons for about four months before I got to see them perform in Nashville on Monday. Songs like Roll Away the Stone and Wagon Wheel (once Old Crow Medicine Show showed up) were just so much more...tremendous live. Not only the sound of the band stomping in rhythm, but also the feel of the pulse. Not just amazing chorus lyrics, but the feeling of hundreds of people singing those lyrics together. Gah. It was one more thing that renewed in me an appreciation for live music.

I pretty much listen to music on YouTube exclusively. I've started trying to find live versions of my most favorite songs because I just love that sound of the microphone and the noise of the audience, the little things that get thrown in on the fly. And some artists... the recording just doesn't even compare.

Here are some of my favorites:








No comments: