Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nebraska

I'm tired.
And I'm far away in Nebraska.
And my ear hurts.
And I'm tired.

I'm worried that I've lost the adventurer in me.
I'm afraid of tires blowing out and being stuck on the side of the road.
I whine too much.
I just want to be home.

But what would I be doing if I were home?
Filling my time by hanging out with my friends.
Instead I have the opportunity to leave their loving embraces long enough to come alongside an entire flipping city in a completely different state and see lives changed forever and ever amen. That's beyond amazing. BEYOND. I mean, think on the implications of that... it'll melt your mind pastries. Beyond amazing.

And when I begin to consider that, everything around me wastes no time in crashing in with all the ways that I am the most selfish creature on the face of this planet.

Target rendered ineffective. Mission complete.


Just when I think I got off this damn hill, here I am again.
So, Lord, I see it's time for another chat. Let's have it.

(here we go)

No comments: