Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

You make me new.

You make me new.
You are making me new.
-Gungor

Today Lydia and I were talking about how we felt like Spring in our souls.
New things are happening and I've been kicking butt and taking names.
Then I threw those names away because I don't need that sort of junk cramping up the place.

I just wanted to let you know, world,
I know I've been a Debbie Downer here lately.
Thanks for letting me cry on your internet-y shoulder.
When God said everything was going to change, He meant it.

I'm a natural born fighter.
I only know how to battle through anything.
It's funny what you'll do when you don't feel good enough
...funny enough
...eloquent enough
...hip enough
...pretty enough
...reasonable enough
....talented enough
...all the while I'm battling to prove that I am.
But here's the deal: I don't make me good enough.
Nothing that I do or am will make me good enough.

I'm good because I am Someone's creation.
I'm good because who I am is covered over by who He is.
And in my desire to fight, me and the Lord wrestled.
He showed up like He promised. He let me give it my best.
And then He made me new.
I mean, what kind of God let's you fight with Him and then gives you the best?
It's not without injury, that's for sure.

That's all.
I just wanted to tell you I'm brand new.
I'm in awe of how true His promises are, and I'm brand new.



Let us acknowledge the LORD;
let us press on to acknowledge him. 
As surely as the sun rises,
he will appear
he will come to us like the winter rains, 
like the spring rains that water the earth.
Hosea 6:3

1 comment:

NiTasha said...

oh.my.gosh. MIND READER! do you have any idea whatsoever?! we are like mirror images. YES! he makes beautiful things out of us. and he'll make ALL things new. thank you a million times for this reminder... i needed it this morning. seriously. we are gonna talk for EVER when i get to town. :)