Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Psalm 13


A hug is like an emotional heimlich.
Someone puts their arms around you and they give you a squeeze and all your FEAR and ANXIETY come shooting out of your mouth in a big wet wad & you can breathe again.
-Chuck ("Pushing Daisies")




How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever?
   How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I take counsel in my soul
   and have sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
Consider and answer me, O LORD my God;
light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,
lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed over him,"
lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.
But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.



That is Psalm 13. Or maybe it's how I feel.
I mean, really. How long, O Lord?

4 comments:

gschof said...

i love the heck out of you.

"remember these things, o jacob,
for you are my servant, o israel.
i have made you, you are my servant; o israel, i will not forget you. isaiah 44:21

Seth said...

We should write a web series about Walt McHuey's first week back from each of his adventures. He will go into a serious depression in each of them.
Because the world can sense when we've come home with something that makes us great. And so it presents us every reason not to be. It actually shoves these reasons in our faces, and usually in the right light where no one else can see them but us.
Don't take this crap. You've got two capital letter in your first name. The world works for you.

MeLissa said...

At a time when it's easy to forget, I'm glad that I have folks like you two and Walt McHuey to remind me to stop whining.

This life is good.

MeLissa said...

Also, I definitely DO have two capital letters in my first name. And the world DOES work for me.