Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Brilliant Things

1. This is brilliant:

I think I know what I want my next tattoo to be, and I've been looking for some good images online. However, this Spiderman tattoo is now the frontrunner.


2. I'm seriously considering the pros and cons of owning a little, precious baby piglet.


3. After a week of adventuring, I've been readjusting to regular life.
You know what always blows my mind about characters in the Bible? It's how easy they forget.

The Israelites coming out of Egypt.
Jonah's rescue by the whale.
Solomon's unlimited wisdom.
David's entire life.

Here are these people seeing miracles. They're aware of the fact that God is actively working in their lives because they can see Him/they're in the belly of a fish/oceans are parting, and moment's later, it's back to griping and complaining and being afraid.

I'm scared of that.

I went on this trip. I now understand that when God said my entire life was going to change, He honestly meant that my entire life was going to change.
But there are a lot of things that are still the same.
I still live in the same house.
My job is the same.
The people are the same.

I'm scared of getting distracted by things that don't matter.
I'm scared by how easy it is for me to want to control everything again.
I'm scared by how easy it is to be scared.

So if I've told you all my plans and all the thoughts swirling around in my brain, it's because I need help remembering. In about two weeks when I can only think about who loves who and how much things cost and how annoying some of these event hosts are, you're going to have to remind me of the alpine slide and being attacked by ticks. You'll have to remind me that I need to stay focused on the things that matter because wasting time is a big price. Much appreciated.

Be brave this week, folks.
There are big plans for you, I promise.




For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. Jer 29:11-13

3 comments:

Seth said...

So what I hear you saying is:
"Seth, please release a small nation of ticks into my house."
Consider it done.

leslie said...

Be my friend. All of the time.

MeLissa said...

Seth- if you release a nation of ticks into my home, your family will also be responsible for my therapy bills. But also, yes, that is what I am saying.

Leslie- Always.