Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wonder

I feel only gratitude for my life, 
for every moment I have lived.
I am ready to go. 
I have seen so many miracles during my lifetime.
Never once did I ask God for 
success or widsom or power or fame. 
I asked for wonder and He gave it to me.
-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel


If you're not afraid to fail at what you're doing,
chances are you've talked yourself into something that is too easy.
-Jon Acuff


Rode my bike to work from Booklyn. 
Aside from being terrifying and hard, it was awesome. 
I'm learning most terrifying and hard things are.
-Jake Hurwitz

Let's look death in the face and say "Whatever, man." -Hurley

No distrust made him waver concerning the promises of God, 
but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God. - Romans 4:20


My adventure is coming to a close.
I'm in Michigan preparing for our last BMX demo tomrrow in Troy, MI.
The start of this trip came after a year of praying and waiting for God to do something big in my life. I don't know if I'll ever know the full reason behind why I had to be here, I'm not even 100% sure that this was the answer to my prayer, but I know that I am exactly where I need to be.

This trip has taught me that...
I want to be better at believing.
I want to be better at taking risks.
I want to be better at chasing after the right things.
I want to be better about letting go of the wrong things.

I have a long way to go, but adventure is always out there.
I'll keep going as long as the option presents itself.
And I know this is all for a purpose. I'm excited to look back and understand.


My encouragement to you:
Be brave.
Life can be so scary, but it's so worth it.
Because nothing happens by accident.
Ask for wonder and He'll give it to you.

No comments: