Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Love:

The other day, someone who shall remain nameless (Erin) was telling me about an article they read in an unnamed magazine (Glamour) about getting guys to fall in love with you. Aside from the things that would involve losing little (giant) pieces of one's soul, one point was to talk about the things that you love, which is something good to practice whether or not anyone's love is on the line.

So here it is. A list of things I love right now include:


1. Tonight we watched Fantastic Mr. Fox.

What part didn't I cussing love? Surely, Ash was my favorite character. I'm definitely behind the times on this one, but I'll probably be dreaming of foxes for a while.


2. Friday I completed one of three New Year's resolutions. I learned to rock climb.
Not well, but neither was my New Year's resolution to be able to climb well...
Thanks to the help of several kind gentlemen (Andrew Dockery for learning with me, Josh Ritchie for your kind encouragement, and Chris Adams for the considerate peer pressure), I am well on my way to climbing this:


I plan on going again this Friday with Erin. Neil Hoppe, you in? Wonderful.
It'll take me all week to be able to regain control of my forearms.


3.
Oh yeah. Leslie is here!


4. Tonight I cleaned out Michael's. I spent the evening painting, coloring, and even baking up a storm for a very special, super secret meeting (that all of the internet knows about now). I'll be able to show you pictures tomorrow but, just know that if I had you draw me an ugly heart, it's now a work of art.


5.If you haven't been to this blog yet, you should. Lydia is a researcher extraordinaire.
She can literally find anything or anyone.
(Also, Grace just got a drawing tablet, thus this most excellent graphic).
www.LydiaHatesPurple.tumblr.com


6. I've officially decided I don't care about television anymore.
Other than Lost.
There are about 37 unwatched episodes of the George Lopez Show just sitting in our DVR to prove it.


7. In two weeks, I'll be at the beach.

Also, if you Google image search the word "tan", just be ready. With holy water.


8.
If you haven't seen the movie "Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging", you're severely missing out. For every girl who's ever gone to a costume party dressed as an olive only to have your friends show up in mini-dresses and tube tops, or who had a younger sibling dress their pet up as an Indian princess, here is your justice.

Also, I love the artwork in the movie poster, mostly because I'm a middle school girl.



9. This song doesn't get old to me:


"Decide what to be and go be it." Word.


10. This is where I want to live at the moment:


It'll be somewhere between Asheville, NC and Knoxville, TN, where treehouse cabins are all the rage and banjos are always in style. I may have to build an elevator for Ripley and Roman, however.


So, ignoring the part about getting guys to fall in love with you, what do you love?
You might not even know. So think about it.
What do you love right now? What keeps you awake at 4:48 in the morning?
Where is the urgency in your life?

*Click photos for sources, dawg.

No comments: