Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

You may be right, I may be crazy

(click for credit)


Just when you thought "this girl can't get any weirder", I've decided to compile all the ridiculous quirks I have into one incriminating list. As I'm writing this, I'm realizing this might cause people to stop/never be my friend.
  1. I don't watch space movies/end of the world movies. The thought of a meteor crashing in to the planet is probably one of the worst things I could imagine happening. So I've never seen Armageddon, Deep Impact, Day After Tomorrow or 2012. I'll probably NEVER watch them.

  2. The sound of velcro makes me die. Also, the sound of licking envelopes. I have to go throw up now.

  3. I cannot use porto-potties. I used to not be able to use public restrooms at all- I've come a long way. It's one thing to be tall and be able to hover over a toilet used by thousands of strangers. It's another thing to be short. There's no room for error. If you ever have time, I also have a ghastly story about a porto-potty in downtown Nashville once. If you don't mind talking about poop (it IS natural), I'll tell you.

  4. If I'm drinking something at a restaurant, I have to use a straw. I've seen what happens when they drop entire packs of cups on the greasy, gross floor. I can handle nasty cups, but I gotta have a straw, you know? Compromise.

  5. Movies like Borat and the stunts they pull on The Buried Life stress me out. We're watching The Buried Life right now, and I'm sweating. I can't even handle this.

  6. I generally abstain from using hand sanitizer. You know, there are people in third world countries eating out of garbage dumps. If touching a door knob is going to mean I contract a common cold which kills me, I feel like I kind of deserved it. Again, I'm talking reasonably innocuous situations.

  7. Jackets with hoods, only. Without a hood, a jacket is just a long-sleeved t-shirt with a zipper. And I can't have anyone accusing me of wearing zipper shirts.

  8. I have to lower the toilet seat before flush it. This is the newest one (as in within the past two months) and it all stemmed from a pretty disgusting conversation with Erin about bathrooms. Now, even though I wouldn't consider myself a germaphone, the thought of splashing toilet water... BLECH.

No comments: