Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A different side of the same thing

Tonight I was reading a beautiful blog by one of my favorites, Grace Schofield.
I've had the true joy of having her as one of my dearest friends these past couple of years.

Reading her blog tonight I realized something that I love about this God, this faith.
The thing He promises at my darkest hours is the ability to still sing, to still hope,
even when the disappointment of how quickly everything can fall through is all I can think about.

When people are wandering for generations in the desert,
when hundreds of thousands are dead from a natural disaster,
when your life is not what you thought it'd be,
you get to the end of your rope and instead of staring into the big, black hole of hopelessness,
I know the Lord has left me enough strength to sing the words John Foreman sings in the song Grace featured in her blog:

sing it out
sing it out
take what is left of me
make it a melody
sing out loud
I can't find the words to sing
You'd be my remedy.

Right now, the lyrics are really ringing true:
The world is wrong
The world is a lie that's come true
I fall in love with the ones that run me through
And all along all I need is you.


So, even though I'm in this hotel room in North Carolina currently having a crisis of the heart and mind, I get to sing.
I love that about you, Lord.
Grace, we still get to sing.

Love, MeLissa

No comments: