Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Have Yourself A Hoppe Christmas

Tonight was Christmas at Lost Community Group.
Erin & I took pictures because Arley, the one who always remembers to capture the precious moments, was not there.
So here they are--













Today we were up early for Adventure Now 3, but death couldn't keep us away from the Hoppe house. We celebrated Justin's birthday, ate way too many sweet things, and three episodes of Season 5 Lost.

Tonight we also participated in a camp tradition, the exchange of Intangibles. This is where you write down a gift you'd give to someone that is beyond what you'd ever be able to give. For example, tonight I got a narwhal and national distribution of my first film. See? Those are excellent. They're always precious. Mitch Miller gave me "more life". Thanks Mitch.

As usual, I can only say that as family is arriving tomorrow to celebrate Christmas in Music City, I have to to look back on this whole year and tell you that God has blown the roof of my expectations. 2009, I have a lot to say to you, but we can save that for another blog post. However, I can say that for every horrible, no-good, very bad day, the Lord has given me so much, and beyond what I'd ever deserve.

So, wherever you are, be glad for what you have. Good night loves.

2 comments:

gschof said...

i'm glad all your terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad days were good ones for me and vice versa. God knows what He's doing there. for sure.

also, you are one of my top favorites. of all time. 2009 was a good year :o)

leslie said...

even from billions of miles away, i still learned a lot from you this year...remind me to listen and learn more from you in 2010 -- God always says good things to me through you...

love you a whole lot.