Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

America

I am currently in the backset of my brother's car listening to 'Be My Lover' playing on the radio. My friend Kyle is the DJ and he likes sterotypically bad music. Okay, more fairly, he prefers rave-y dance music, which a lot of crap falls in to.

So I'm wrapping up this five day road trip in the backseat and I'm going home to make a lot of decisions. What the heck am I doing with my life? Am I just being ridiculous? Should I start selling encyclopedias in Latin America? I'm 24 years old and I've never been older, but I've also never felt younger or more primed to conquer the world. Big news. I want to do it all- jump off the cliff full force and keep my fingers crossed for a perfect landing. The reasonable person in me says don't be reckless. Don't change the course of everything on a whim, crazy. Neil Hoppe once quoted a writer that basically said every man, to some extent, was a walking civil war. True story, folks.


However, right now I'm in the backseat of a veritable roller skating rink and, while I wish we could listen to something else, it's nice not to make any life altering decisions today. Today I'm just in a car with Erin and Kyle and we're listening to his notoriously trashy music, and I'd have it no other way.

1 comment:

Neil Hoppe said...

Thx for the shout out. His name is Eugene Peterson.