Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Letters to the Ones I Love.


Dear Leslie Metcalf-

Remember how you greet us whenever you come to our house? Remember how we gave you an extra key to our house? Remember how I know your favorite kind of pizza?

You saved me in Club VIP and now you are one of my vital life forces. I will try every day to get you to quit school and live on our sofa. You are sassafrass. You don't take no crap from no one, but your encouragement is invaluable. Your support and your presence and your stories about Flat Stanley and your willingness to be silly and go above and beyond for anyone- that is what makes you amazing. I'm sitting here trying to put it into words but there aren't any that you aren't already aware of. Come here soon.

Love, MeLissa

1 comment:

leslie said...

i love that i can greet y'all the way that i do. i love that you know my favorite kind of pizza. and i love that your couch has my name on it.

you do my heart a lot of good. A LOT. thank you for being a constant source of wisdom in my life...you speak truth and that's what i need...i appreciate you more than you even know...