Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Rush of fool.


I am not a great blog writer.
I don't regularly have a lot of great things to say.

On the other side of things, I regularly have too much to say to God.

"Blah, blah, blah. Poor me."
"Why, oh why..."

"Do this. Do that."

"Come on. Help a girl out."

So annoying.

And I started re-reading "Crazy Love" by my super fave Francis Chan.
He mentions this:

"Solomon warned us not to rush into God's presence with words.
That's what fools do. And often, that's what we do."

That's what I've gotten in the habit of doing.
And lately, God has been so quiet.

So recently I've been practicing the fine art of shutting up.
Because there are things I want to be, and I am not it yet.

If You're really inside, changing my life,
You would shine, You would be evident.
If there's a difference.
-Philmont

It should be significant.
Rant, rant, rant.
Always talking.
Goodnight.

1 comment:

Lori Agnes said...

I know just what you are saying. It is very hard to be quiet internally.