Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Love is a Fast Song.

this photo via weheartit

Today is one of those days where God reminds me that my whining and complaining are a complete waste of my time because I am so lucky.

Today was spent running around getting ready for the beginning of Freedom Experience, which is going to be a three day event here in Texarkana, AR/TX. This is my first one and I'm so excited to finally get to do this part of my job, the main duty I'm entrusted with. Everyone is here despite struggles with flat tires and bad weather and missed flights. They're all here, safely tucked in their beds and I feel like the mom of 30 kids. I couldn't be more pleased to work with such servants. They're all so amazing- skateboarders, fire eaters, illusionists, rock stars, BMX riders. I don't know if I will ever get tired of loving on them and encouraging them.

Tomorrow will be day one. I feel like working camp has prepared me so much for this. Tomorrow things are going to happen, the fruits of our labor are going to be obvious or not. We're going to see kids and interact with them and the Lord is going to have doors opened that previously had been sealed closed. I can't wait.

Pray hard for us.

This was the verse I read to the crew tonight:

"We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all the saints— the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven..."
Colossians 1:3-5

Lucky girl. I DO thank God when I pray for they folks. They amaze me.

1 comment:

gschof said...

today is a day to say:

"look out world, you're throwing me a lot of junk and i have this awesome shield and ninja stars, so back off."

"i got nothing but love in my heart, fire in my bones and praise on my lips."

"i thought i would miss the life i had. turns out You had bigger and better planned. joke's on me. but You're not laughing."

love IS a fast song. :o)