Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

I can feel it comin'

I am enjoying every second of the winter.
I am enjoying waking up to the snow.

But the summer is in my blood.
And it always will be.
And I can just feel that its coming.
I know you might not be able to.
But it's creeping in.

And that is why I love the South.
They do summer like no one else.

And my heart is a little sad because summer will be so different for me.
For the first time in a decade, the summer is entirely mine.
Scary.

I need this summer to knock my socks off.
I need this summer to show me how great it is in its own rights.

Summer games
photo by: Mikhail Palinchak

2 comments:

Allison Drew said...

Dear Summer,
I love you... even though I hate to sweat.
Love,
Allison

leslie said...

sweet, sweet summer.
get here soon.