Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

FLASHBACK: I hold these truths to be self evident.


Good evening. I was on Myspace for the first time in a Triassic period and was reading through blogs. This was a fun one so I'm reposting it here for you to laugh at.

************************************
August 22nd, 2008

-I can always count on Gregory & the Hawk when I am in melancholy mood

-I will always say Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my favorite candy

-I will always clarify that Reese's Pieces are NOT my favorite candy.

-I will always keep an eye out for a member of Hanson. Anywhere. Always.

-I will always top the radio from scanning if it comes across "Semi-Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind

-Luis Defabrizio will always remind me that I once wanted to be a rebel.

-I will always owe a little bit of my understanding of my identity to Mtv's "True Life"

-I will almost always overtip.

-I will always prefer your artwork to professional mess.

-I will always choose to watch Clean House over anything else despite the bad acting.
(This isn't the case anymore. I will choose to watch ALOT of things over Clean House.)

-I will always stop the channel if Fifty First Dates or Jurassic Park is playing. Or Lake Placid. Don't ask me about Lake Placid.

-I am always ready to sing "Mr. Jones" by Counting Crows or "I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5 at the top of my lungs at any point.

-I will always remember how to spell Rapicavoli.

-I will never vote to eat at Pizza Hut. NEVER.
(Or Hardees. Or Krystals.)

-I will always wake up HIGHLY annoyed when I slept the entire night in my regular clothes. Jeans? Worse.

-Bad news: I will always be the one to fall asleep first without trying.

-I will never be able to have a regular 9-5 cubicle job.

-I will always choose lemonade, regardless of the color.
(I drink a lot more water now, surprisingly!)

-I am glad I will never be America's Next Top Model.

-I am a runner, as in an avoider of bad situations/conversations.

-Also, I am NOT competitive. If there is a competition, I will not be involved in it.

-I am working on this heart of stone. (Progress is going good!)

-I love that moment when a revelation comes over you and things get clearer.

-I talk about adventure because its always been in my mind, but not so much in my life.
(Adventure progress is also going good! Currently enjoying: January Jubilee)

-I think screamo singers are sensitive boys in disguise.

-I love it when all my clothes are washed and cleaned and folded.

-I write down lyrics/quotes/movie lines that I think are monumental. I read them regularly.

-I still struggle with self-depricating comments.

-It will always be hard for me to pass up a brownie.

-Peanut Butter always makes apples even better.

3 comments:

Allison Drew said...

I remember this blog. Definitely a good one.

PS- right now the Matrix is on tv and it reminded me of the time Luc dressed up as Neo. i needed to tell you because you are the only other person that would ever remember or even care about that.

MeLissa said...

Oh goodness. I remember pretty much all of Luc's Halloween costumes. Neo, that guy with the candle in his head, the Son. I think that summed it up.

Allison Drew said...

I never understood candle head boy...