Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Christmas all over again.

It's Christmas eve here in Jacksonville, FL.
  • Today I made 23475624 cookies with one Trey Lukas Payne.
  • He is now dressed as a dinosaur and is helping me make smores.
  • I have edited two episodes of the Erin & MeLissa Show.
  • I have had good conversations with Grace, Leslie and Erin.
  • We are practicing a new motto we got from "Love Actually." I can't say what it is out loud because that would require a cuss word.
  • Santa Claus comes tonight.
Last month I went through a phase of thinking kids my not be my thing. I mean, you have to make sure they keep living, for EVER, and if you don't, you're in trouble. They're not like goldfish.But this trip has been fun hanging out with Trey and Ivie. He likes to hide in tents on the sofa and sneak cookie dough. Ivie likes music and the ability to hold her own head up.

Trey calls my parents "tio" and "tia" because my dad is from Honduras and because Trey's favorite TV character is Diego.

So I've been a little disillusioned by Christmas, mostly because December 25th really has NO correlation with Christ's birth. "MeLissa, I know you were born in October, but do you mind if we celebrate it every year in June? Good." But I do enjoy being with my family. And I do enjoy watching our family grow up. And one day I'll look forward to possibly having my own.

I hear Trey yelling "Yee-haw" so it must be time to rejoin the festivities. We can't have a t-rex cowboy running amuck around the neighborhood, hands covered in marshmallows.
Tell the people you love that you love them.

So Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

2 comments:

Allison Drew said...

That is one cute litle boy. I'm glad his name isn't Danger. Or Dragon.

leslie said...

that is one adorable boy. and i'm glad you've spent time with him.

here's to starting off 2009 with a bang...i'm thinking pipe bombs and fireworks? let me know what you think.