Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I Sing A Lot of Songs.


Things I've realized recently:

-One day, if my new husband gets the bright idea to shove cake in my face at our wedding, he will instantly not be my husband anymore.

-I have trouble completing tasks.

-I currently love neon colors: pink, orange, green and YELLOW.

-Leslie and I speak in foreign accents to each other. Most popular are the Boriqua and Chris Martin.

-Yesterday Lucas Hastay of Outcast BMX drew a tattoo on my arm. It is my name and two clouds. I think I'm going to head down to the tattoo parlor and make it permanent.

-I spent the past three days making a lot of jokes about me doing drugs/steroids/illegal substances of some kind. People may start to believe me. I DO have big muscles.

-I have never really taken offense to a song until Paramore's "Misery Business" and I really do love that band. This is why:
"Once a whore, you're nothing more.
I'm sorry that'll never change.
And about the forgiveness
We're both supposed to have exchanged.

I'm sorry honey, but I passed it up
Now look this way..."

I understand what she's trying to say in the context of the song. I just can't hear these words. They hurt my heart.

-I am currently joining up with a growing band of assassins. I'm working on curving bullets, so watch your mouth when you're talking to me.

Come back from California, all of us here in Florida are
starved for your attention.
I won't mind if you monopolize all of my time
I won't say a thing at all
I won't say a word, no.

-Tonight I got a music education on the car ride back from Illinois.
You should check out CHROMEO
Go to their page and listen to "Momma's Boy". You'll thank me and I'll pass it on to Jacob.

-I have a lot of favorites:
  • Favorite animals: penguins, whales (especially narwhal), moose, elephante!, dragonflies, bumblebees, generic birds, octopus, rhinos, and the occasional pot belly pig
-I can listen to the same song over and over again. For hours.

-Some times curse words make things funny. For instance, I think the "F" word makes weddings even better.

-I develop an extreme stuttering problem when it is MOST inconvenient. I really think I need to see a doctor about it because it really does happen.

-I have way more pens than I will ever use in my entire life, and a good number of Sharpies. This is how you know I was a camp staffer.

-I am completely out of control.

-No one reads this. I'm sorry if you do, because this blog is a mess tonight.

-I'm not really interested in doing anything fun for New Years right now. Considering it is tomorrow, I don't know that this will change in time for me to actually do something fun.

-I've been at an event for three days that reminded me of being a teenage girl at a concert. Young boys in a band=lots of money from merch sales.

-Things I can't go anywhere without:
  • Northface backpack!
  • White zip-up jacket
  • Macbook
  • Ipod
  • Crack cocaine
  • Glock
-I read some of my old blogs. I used to be funny and now I'm a shadow of what I used to be. I'm so sorry to the 2.3 "loyal followers (as defined by Google Analytics) who come and read this craziness.

-Currently addicted to: Hershey kisses

-Babies wearing tutus= steal my heart

-Camille my GPS is currently at Winterfest in Lynchburg, VA at Liberty University hanging out with the Afters. And where am I? NOT at Winterfest, which is 50% okay.

-I just got a picture frame decorated in macaroni noodles. It's even better when you have one when you're 23.

-Things I'd like to do in 2009:
  1. Visit St. Louis
  2. Fully develop my plan for world domination
  3. Take my own advice
  4. ...I'll keep working on this. I know there are more things I want to do in 09.
-Things I did in 2008:
  1. Moved out of my parents house
  2. Got a big kid job
  3. Did not go to school for the first time since 1989
  4. Start an internet television show
  5. Change the way I see and communicate with this crazy, constant, unbelievable Thing that is the Creator of the universe.
  6. Give Google lots of good things to return in a search for "MeLissa Gavarrette"
This year, the Lord has shaken up everything. He's blown up the bubble I envisioned of the world. He's given me so much to be excited about. I feel okay to hope and to believe. I feel okay to dream big and beyond what is acceptable. I feel okay to be a little unreasonable. If things don't work out, I won't feel let down because everyday He continues to amaze me with the way His plans work out. This life doesn't have to be stagnant. This life doesn't have to lose it's shine. It doesn't have to come back down to reality.

"I asked for wonder, and He gave it to me..." This was a quote of a prayer from a rabbi, and it's one of my favorites. I think of it when I need to forget being sensible.

Things to do in 2009: Continue not being so sensible.

Good night America. Disregard anything you find reprehensible about this blog. Know that I'm VERY tired.

2 comments:

leslie said...

you make life super good. i always laugh a lot more when i'm around you...or even not around. i just like you lots.

photos frames with macaroni glued on them are a statement, and yours makes a good one.

assassins = a-o-k in my book, and i think you know why. (i never go anywhere without my glock either). and as for curving bullets, if you need any help, i'm literally sitting next to you.

accents are the best. chris martin gets put to shame every time i walk into the room...i'm just sayin'.

i think my husband will still be my husband if he gets me in the face with cake, but it won't be a good start to the marriage, if you smell what you might be stepping in...

Allison Drew said...

I think I'm ok with cake in my face at my wedding.