Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hark the Herald Angels Sing

I love boys who sound like this:
(Click the picture to go to samples of the greatness)

Ray LaMontagne

Robert Pattinson

City & Colour

Needtobreathe

Tonight I watched part of P.S. I Love You and I remembered that Needtobreathe has a track on that album. I love Love LOVE it. And that was when I noticed my love of boys with dirty voices.

Boys already don't have to work too hard to convince me that they are precious. Throw in a gravel-y voice and a steady guitar, and I'm a goner.

Music City is a great place to find little hopefuls popping up all over the place. Let me know if you want to join me down at the Mercy Lounge on a Monday night. It's free, not in a bad way.


As usual, up too late.
XOXO.

5 comments:

Molly said...

MeLissa, I too watched PS I Love You tonight. This was the first time I've seen this wretched movie and cant believe anyone in this world is sick enough to write such an emotional rollercoaster of a film I'm traumatized.

MeLissa said...

Molly, I am not a cryer, but I cried from the literal BEGINNING of that movie til the end. Sick.

Allison Drew said...

I love a dirty voice, especially when it's connected to a dirty boy. However I wouldn't put city and coluor in the dirty voice catagory.

Other dirty bands/artist I love:
gasoline heart / the kick
Bob Dylan
Chuck Ragan
Ryan Adams (he's semi dirty)

gschof said...

i don't know if you're aware of this, but ray is my secret husband. he actually wrote all 3 of his albums about me and was forced to name the songs after other women so we could keep our love hush-hush.

i spend most weeks taking a super low-profile trip to maine where we live harmoniously like recluses in a cave house.

and he sings to me.

LC <3 AW 4E said...

That city and colour guy looked like a bum in a flannel jacket last time I saw him. That is dirty for real. Lucky for him, his music is awesome...