Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fire & Brimstone



The brave and daring Brock Gill posted a pretty great blog yesterday. I'm reposting the video here for you guys to watch.

It touches on a lot of things that should move a person to action. It ties in with the lessons of love and gentleness the Lord has been working in my life recently:
  • At this time of the year, the reminder is that love does not and did not consider fair and unfair because unfair would be Christ taking the blame for the gross, disgusting, unforgivable things we've done.
  • Love did not consider being embarrassed because the embarrassed would have balked at the idea of one day walking through crowded streets naked and bloody, expected to carry your casket on your shoulder when you can barely carry yourself.
  • Love did not consider risk and time and petty things like that because love is willing to do the seemingly irrational for what is, in fact, beyond rational.
Isn't it funny that someone who believed NOTHING about what I believe can so easily sum up what should always be on the forefront of my mind, but sadly isn't. It is an atheist who says that he welcomed the man reaching out to him because it was in this action that he felt love.

And believers like to fall back on the idea of letting their life be a silent witness to the people around them. 'They'll see my life and ask me what's different and then they'll go to church somewhere and go every Sunday and I'll see them in Heaven."
Maybe loving your neighbor also means sharing with them in a genuine and true way. Maybe it means feeling that urgency of imagining an eternity without them, that love, and having it be acted out in a tangible way.

John 5:24
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.



I'm so sorry.

No comments: