Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Love-struck Romeo sings the streets a serenade.

It is too late and I have to get up too early to be writing this right now.

Oh goodness, what a swirl of change.

What do churches need, despite the economic hardship? This is a question I need to answer so I don't have to live on the streets.

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately and the thing I realize about my own is that I try to avoid anything that is too personal. Maybe because there are things I don't want people to find out by reading this blog. Or maybe there are things I don't want to remember by writing this blog.

So I will say these are the questions I've been working on recently:

  • a1. Where can I find a cheap drummer (and bass player) to help Erin and I with a project?
  • b2. Do we really need server space for a wordpress blogsite? Someone please direct this question to Adam Crocker.
  • c3. Am I doing the right thing? Maybe you ARE hearing from God and I'm just running. I'm supposed to be in Nashville. This is where I'm supposed to be right now. I don't know that your plan for life and my plan for life DON'T go together but I got to walk in this direction right now. We both have to be happy where we are. I won't say that I'm doing the "wrong thing". Maybe I'm just taking a different route, but I'm not worried. Okay, I'm always a little worried, but I'm working on it.
  • d4. Do people see joy when they look at me? And that doesn't mean "do people always think I'm happy?" That is not what joy means. Can people see that I trust and that I have a faith that perseveres? I laugh. A lot. But that is not what joy means either. This past week I have been pretty ugly acting and I'm a little concerned that joy is not something that I live everyday.


Things that are currently true about me:

  • Current favorite color: mint
  • Current dilemma: I cannot sleep soundly through the night. I just wake up every hour and roll around for a while.
  • Current favorite place: Edwin Warner Park
  • Place I will not eat lunch again: The Sweet Tea Diner. No ma'am.
  • Place I will eat dinner every night if given the choice: Neil Hoppe's house
  • Most recent childhood reconnection: Curtis Bethea
  • Current ambition: Becoming a photoshop afficionado
  • Current practice: Not being such a spaz


A love-struck Romeo sings the streets a serenade
Laying everybody low with a love song that he made.
Finds a streetlight, steps out of the shade
Says something like "you and me babe, how about it?"

Juliet, the dice was loaded from the start
And I bet when you exploded into my heart
And I forget I forget the movie song.
When you gonna realize
it was just that the time was wrong,
Juliet
?

-The Dire Straits

6 comments:

gschof said...

great song

you are more personal than you think

you are not as ugly acting as you think

there is power in self-reflection, done constructively

you are, in my book, a wonder

:o)

be bold

Scott and Lyndsay Crews said...

Brandon and I will play drums and bass for you. We'll play paper rock scissors to decide who does which one. Problem solved.

Scott and Lyndsay Crews said...

just saw the next question. yes you need server space but don't pay for it. talk to me about it...

phil_brangers said...

a1..I play bass, and know a drummer...
b2 yes and no...you need server space, thats kinda how stuff works, but if you want to just have a blog on the wordpress.com platform..kinda like blogger its completely free but limited. If you downloand the wordpress.org package you can purchase your own domain name and hosting package which removes any limits

Allison Drew said...

1. Do you need a drummer so you can make country music?
2. Now, I'm certainly not denying whether or not God called you to Nashville... but it sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that he did.
3. I have a friend named Joy Peace (seriously) and she's one of the most joyful people I've ever met.
4. Don't take sleeping pills! We all know what happened to Heath...
5. I have never ever thought of you as a spaz.

Anonymous said...

do people see joy when they see you ?

when i see his weekend i will joy joy joy and i will be dancing the joyous dance b/c little one you bring me joy ! ! ! ! !so does that answer your quesiton or is the tia wayyyyyyyyyyyy off base again !