Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lucky.


Know that this is going to be a weird blog.

I can't believe my life right now.
Just know that I feel so lucky. Is lucky the right word? Maybe not.

Tuesday nights I've been attending a thing called Kairos. I think it's God's joke on me. He always calls me to be at the places I thought I'd want to be the least. Anyway... Tonight we sang a beautiful song called "Hosanna" by Hillsong. We've sung it before, it's awesome but I always have trouble singing it because it gets pretty emotional for me.

Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest.

I mean, these are the words people yelled when Christ was entering Jerusalem. The moving part is closing my eyes and hearing everyone singing. That's what it's going to be like, you know? That's what it's going to be like.

This season has been about me putting my trust into practice. I had no idea what I was going to do for work and everything has come together better than I could've imagined. I've been praying for community and I've been so lucky to get to meet new people from everywhere. God has been so active in taking care of my heart. I know He is moving things together and I just can't wait to see how everything comes together. I feel so lucky to have you guys in my life.

So for my dear friends-


Know that there are good things. How do I know? I pray for them everyday, for you.
"I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. " (The Message Jer. 29:11)

"...not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."(ESV)

I like the ESV because, where the Message promises "the future you hope for", I'd be happier with the "future and a hope" that He's dreamt up.

  • Pat, don't be angry or sad anymore. You're going to miss the beautiful view if you focus on getting to the destination.
  • Allison, everyday I hope someone reminds you of how amazing you are.
  • Erin, I love everything that you choose to be. Don't be discouraged.
  • Leslie, I want to be just like you. Don't write yourself off.
  • Grace, you are probaby tired of everyone telling you you're awesome. I don't think you're like that on accident.
Your creativity blows my mind.
Your patience makes me feel at ease.

And you. I think you know what I think about you.

So, I know this was a weird one, that's why I'll keep it short.
I just want to encourage you. Know that things going on right now are serving a purpose and are going to work together amazingly if you don't insist on your way against all better reasoning. Know that when you ask for wonder, you usually get it. And know that this is just a bright spot on a bigger adventure that comes one day.

In the words of Luke Johnson, Live Fiercely.
Know that I am rooting for you. I always am.

2 comments:

Allison Drew said...

Take Luck.
I love you.

leslie said...

you have my heart.
you are dearly loved.