Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

I have a book I call my Book of Inspiration. I try to carry it always because, like Jonathan Safron Foer, I am a collector. I collect words- quotes, lyrics, lines from books and movies. I like to draw pictures in it and tuck things in the pages I don't want to forget. I read through when I'm sad, when I am feeling nostalgic, when I miss home, when I need some inspiration for someone else. This is a rare glimpse into the things that inspire my brain:


I feel only gratitude for my life, for every moment I have lived. I am ready to go. I have seen so many miracles during my lifetime. Never once did I ask God for success or wisdom or power or fame.
I asked for wonder
, and He gave it to me.
-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel, "Ragamuffin Gospel"


Fear not, stand firm and see the salvation of the Lord,
which He will work for you today.

The Lord will fight for you and
you have only to be silent
.
-Exodus 14:13-14

Live Fiercely. -Luke Johnson

I used to think God did not perform miracles anymore.
Then I came to realize that maybe I just didn't live a life that required them. -Anonymous


Be careful not to turn others' lives into the mold for your own. We have a God who is a Creator, not a duplicator. -Francis Chan



Tie a brick around my neck and
an anchor upon my feet and throw me in the sea

IF WE ALL GET WHAT WE DESERVE.
-Gasoline Heart ("Rumors, Rumors")


This is how I choose to live:
as if I'm jumping off a cliff, knowing that You'll save me.
-Relient K


Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than we leave behind. -C.S. Lewis


I'm not funny. What I am is brave. -Lucille Ball


And know that I am starting to fade like a young girl in the back of a church who says,
'Mom, do you really believe all this 'cause I just feel numb.'
I don't want to die, sometimes I feel like jumping.
I don't want to sing, some reason my mouth stays open.
I don't want to slip, how come my eyes keep wandering?
I don't want to give up.
-Gasoline Heart ("Cheers, Here's to Life")


It started out as a feeling, which then grew into a hope, which then turned into a quiet thought which then turned into a quiet word.
And then that word grew louder and louder until it was a battle cry
I'll come back when you call me, no need to say goodbye.
Just because everything's changing doesn't mean its never been this way before.
All you can do is try to know who you friends are before you head off to the war.
Pick a star on the dark horizon and follow the light
You'll come back when its over, no need to say goodbye.

-Regina Spektor ("The Call")

So fall in love while you can still hold your head up high and
pretend that you're alive
again.

-Michael Shepherd ("Pretend You're Alive")


It's sad that I'm a sucker for a kind word, and I'll just hurt until I find one. -
Copeland ("I'm A Sucker For A Kind Word")

Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone
needs adventure
.



In love, there is no room for fear. -1 John 4:18


We know we like boys before they do, because we have to be able
to say 'YES' when they ask." -Erin McGown


When I made up my mind and my heart along with that to live not for myself but yet for God, somebody said
"Do you know what you are getting yourself into?"

You say I love you!
and that's what you are getting yourself into.

I'm getting into you because you got to me in a way words can't describe. I'm getting into you because I've got to be- you're essential to survive.
I'm going to love you with my life.

-Relient K

1 comment:

Allison Drew said...

Relient k. I love you.