Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

I got nothing to do today but smile.


"Despite all the sadness around me, I'm not sad. I have far too much to be happy about."
-Allison Demott


I was torn about this blog. And I read my friend Allison's blog "One Glad Morning" in which she wrote a post called "I Find Hope." This is what I decided: I have waited a long time for God's word to be proven true, and now that there are so many things for me to be able to rejoice in- I'm going to.



I find hope in:
  • good friends
  • good family
  • good words
  • Good Savior
Cynthia Mathis posted this in her note on Facebook recently:

"Yet this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's faithful love Cynthia does not perish, for His mercies never end. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness! I say...The Lord IS my portion, therefore I will put my hope in Him."

Last year was a long year. I had a lot of struggles to work out. I had to figure out where I was going and clear up the mess I found myself in. It was horrible, dirty work. The majority of the time it sucked, but a year later I am just amazed at the faithfulness of the Lord.

I have been sad for long enough.

  • Today I went to Gatlinburg and had a most wonderful day with old friends and new ones. Next week I'm going to spend my favorite holiday with Chris Martin in my #3 favorite city: Washington, D.C.
  • This weekend I've gotten a lot of good encouragement from people who mean a lot to me.
  • This week I've gotten to spend time with people I haven't been able to sit down with in a long time.
  • Yesterday I forged a relationship with someone I thought I'd have no desire to interact with.
  • This October I've gotten lots of pictures of people I love, when I usually don't remember to bring my camera anywhere.
  • This November I will hopefully get to spend time with Florida friends and family.
  • This fall I have been excited to spend time working on myself.
  • This coming year, I hope to see what becomes of a lot of wonderful new beginnings.


I have a of reasons to be glad, and I decided today that I'm going to let myself enjoy those things. I'm not going to feel bad for feeling good. Please don't hold it against me. Instead, just be glad with me.

2 comments:

Molly said...

and uh, hello.. you get to see me in less than a week! I love you lady!

Allison Drew said...

I know dat's right.