Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Heroes.

These are mine:

Elsie- Crafty. Creative. She loves taking pictures of her friends. She loves being happy. She is a good reminder to me of all the things I should love.






Johnny Cash- I don't feel like there needs to be too much explanation. He was rude and sassy. He went to the edge and he came back. He reminds me that sometimes I just need to be silent.








James Jackson- I want to be a boss like him one day. Patient. A thinker. A killer toe touch. He reminds me to listen and to invest in those around me authentically.






Noah & Allie- what I like about their love isn't limited to the Southern plantation home and the dashing good looks. I like that these two characters aren't afraid to be sassy with one another. I like that they fight just as much as they love. I like that they discuss the hard work just as much as the butterflies. They remind me that love takes effort.


David- He was teeny and unlikely to be great at anything, but he loved big and he made mistakes and knew how to really ask for forgiveness. He was a man after God's own heart and that was after doing most everything we think of as despicable. I want to be just like him. He reminds me that I will never regret loving the Lord recklessly.




Heroes change and I want to be one one day. I think heroes are decision makers. Sometimes that decision is to just be happy. Sometimes it's to make a bold move or go out on a limb. I just want to be brave and these people remind me to do that. Thanks.

"I can be your hero, baby"- Enrique Iglesias

No comments: