Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Amazing, Because It Is.

You are probably tired of hearing about how my adventure starts tomorrow. Well it surely does. The good thing is it kind of started today because Leslie got here tonight. This is always good news for me, bad news for the rest of America.

Today at work, I researched narwhals.

The Narwhal (Monodon monoceros) is an Arctic species of cetacean.

It is nature's living unicorn. That is, other than the real unicorns that we all know are running around the Hogwarts property.






The thing I've wanted to talk about: shining.

The other day I was thinking about Moses and how he shined. Shined? Shone? He was glowing. Because he was talking to God, up close and personal, he GLOWED.

I want to do that. I want the shine. I think if I was shining, I would take off all my clothes. I know, ridiculous. But if I was glowing, I would!

It says "Aaron and all the people of Israel saw Moses, and behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him."

So naturally, when he... "had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face. Whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with him, he would remove the veil, until he came out. And when he came out and told the people of Israel what he was commanded, the people of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses’ face was shining. And Moses would put the veil over his face again, until he went in to speak with him."

He covered it up.

He came face to face with this unbelievable Thing, and it made him shine and he covered it up. Tragic.

I think Adam and Eve probably glowed. And they were for SURE naked. I think that added insult to injury. First thing they did when they had a little fruit fest... they put on clothes. They covered the shine. They went from glowing from the nearness of God. They didn't even need clothing because there was nothing about themselves that they noticed when God was walking with them. He was out of the picture and they can suddenly see how embarrassing they are. They covered up the shine.

Anyway, boring maybe. But I love this stuff. I love how there are no accidents. I love how everything comes back to the beginning and points to the end. I love how creative a writer He is. I love how everything is an inside narrative between me and Him about the things that He has planned for me.

I want to shine.

So tomorrow when I go on my adventure, know that I won't be writing but I will be gathering material, and filming episodes of the Erin & MeLissa Show, and taking pictures, and living, and shining.

2 comments:

leslie said...

ATTENSHUN!!!
you amaze me.

Allison Drew said...

-For some reason a few months ago (like before camp) I sketched like 6 different Narwhals. I like weird animals... and that's just one of them. weird that you mentioned them today.
-I truely believe Adam and Even shined. Shone? I've always thought that. I think that's amazing.
-You shine.
-Have a wonderful great adventure.