Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Like A Rolling Stone

So this is the epilogue to my last blog.


I am home.



Captain's Log Update:

-I slept for 15 hours straight last night. World Record.

-I am hitting the post-camp blues a bit.

-I feel so lazy and I don't eat food.

-I want to put whatever I can carry into my car and move to Nashville immediately.

-I can't wait for my cousin Ivie to be born, then I really WILL move to Nashville.




So I started this blog a couple of days ago. I am in a much better mood now. However, there are some things you should know:
1. Michigan during the summer is like Florida during the winter. All the kids were swimming in the lake, and I was sitting around waiting on the turkey, stuffing and macaroni and cheese. I was not thinking about getting in frigid water. I also think I did a good job working on my midwestern accent.

2. I went to Washington D.C. for the first time and instantly fell in love. I only got to be there for a couple of hours. In that time I visited the Capitol, the Lincoln Memorial and the Washington Monument. And a restaurant. And an Urban Outfitters. I would like to go back for a few days and go to museums, and the White House and your mom's house.

3. This summer has shown me how un-cool I am. When you can pee your pants twice and still have friends, you're cool. When you can fill an entire home with the smell of the most awful gas and still have friends, you're cool. When you can be a boy who wears ladies clothing to sing kareoke in one day a week, you're cool. When everyone you met this summer thinks your name is Katie instead of MeLissa, uncool.

4. Tomorrow I am driving to Nashville for a job interview and you guys better be crossing your fingers, because the other alternatives are retail slavery or prostitution. And if you know me, you know that retail slavery, for me, is next to death so prostitution is probably my first choice.

5. I don't wanna battle from beginning to end. I don't wanna cycle, recycle revenge. I don't wanna follow death and all of his friends. (This song is currently on repreat in my head).

6. Everyone, everyone everyone, everyone needs adventure. This year, I will be adventuring to: Maine, Atlanta, Chattanooga, hopefully St. Louis, Charleston, Maryland, DC, maybe the wilderness of West Virginia. Sign-ups will be available online and on my cell phone, so let me know.

7. I have been watching Lost like it is the air I breathe. Oh my.

8. Justin Wylie, Im getting a flip camera. And we can hang out and eat Pizza Lunchables the next time you come over, alright? Good news.

9. Family dinner will be on Thursdays, you guys are all invited.

10. All summer we just hurried. So just come over, be patient, and don't worry. (Death and all his friends- Coldplay)

11. Nothing makes my life better than not having to go back to UCF for fall classes.

12. Today I woke up at 1 in the afternoon and then layed by the pool for an hour and a half. This is a good day.


This is where I will be two weeks from now. Come find me there. Come hang out and spend the night. We can watch movies and paint the town red, they won't notice I'm sure. I have a GPS and an imagination, so let me know when you'll be available.


Until then, I'll be waiting for your call.

Greater things are yet to come and greater things are still to be done in this city.


1 comment:

Grey said...

Adventure to me. Asheville. It's the place to be.

-Jessica R. Brown